Monday, August 29, 2005

Short

Moments after winding up that handpainted merino from Uruguay, I started knitting Clapo2 right away. 650yds of yummy goodness. I've often wondered what other knitters meant when they described their yarn as being sproingy, and now I know. Boing! boing! Now you if remembered my Clapo1, you would know that I used less than 600 yds of the Lorna's Laces goodness and still ended up with more yarn to knit an extra straight repeat ( I did 14 repeats, btw, using sz 7 needles). So I figured, ooh.. I can totally bump this baby up to 15-16 repeats no problem and wrap myself in this divine sproinginess.
IMG_0171
NO. SUCH. LUCK.
I think I've been short-changed on the yarn. At first, I thought maybe it's the difference between knitting with sport-weight and worsted weight yarn, but then again, I am using the exact same needles and I am supposed to have more yarn than the last time, so what's the deal yo? I'm already into the third ball of yarn and if I were to use it up, I'd only have 11 straight repeats instead of the original 13 in the pattern. WTF? Another giant dishcloth? It would take about a month just to order another ball of yarn and wait for it to fly from Uruguay to Los Angeles. The more I think about it, the more angered I am because I've worked on it ALL WEEKEND LONG and I really wanted to have it done by next week.
Yes, I could probably rip it all out and make a narrower Clapo2. But I like the width, I like the parts that are already knitted up, and I want it to wrap around me, not just my neck. No siree, there will be no ripping the Clapo2. Why? Because the yarn sticks and dropping those stitches was no fun feat. I can hardly conjur up the courage to rip. Damn it. I sent an email to the lady who sold me this yarn.. so we'll see if she will respond to me. And it better be soon, cuz patience is not my virtue. I feel cheated. yuck.

4 Comments:

Blogger shizzknits said...

Your clap looks lovely; sorry to hear about the yarn shortage. Dontcha hate when that happens? The colors are absolutely gorgeous BTW.

8:24 AM  
Blogger natasha said...

i don't know what to do! i bought laceweight yarn to dye for you, but i am worried that it won't be soft enough for you. i forgot you have issues with anything that isn't super duper soft. that is why i have been taking so long. so would you like me to send you that skein anyway, maybe for a shawl or something, it is a lot of yardage, in which case, you tell me what color(s) you want it to be and i will dye it....or would you rather have 100-150 yds of merino in a thick n thin yarn, the color of your choice, again, which i will spin and dye. i got the laceweight for you especially, but if you think you won't use it, i will do merino...let me know when you get this and i will get it out soon. i have not forgotten you. i miss ya! oh, and i saw the pic of you and your boy winding yarn. are you sure you aren't a super model? you are such a beauty. i could not hang out with you, you are too pretty. you would make me look bad. sorry. smoochies!!! n.

9:23 AM  
Blogger sturdygirl said...

Your Clapo is fab-o. Hope you have enough yarn to finish! That would suck if you had to rip it out...

8:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love the colors, despite the missing length...hopefully that'll work out for you in the end!

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home