Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Everyone loves Pink

It's been a week since I've posted the webpoll, and of the 82 votes so far, 35.37% of you have selected Peppermint, with 23.17% voting for Sunset. I googled knitbloggers who have used Peppermint, and their photos (albeit amazing) have confirmed my suspicion - the pink ain't dark enough. And I quote Cartman from SouthPark: "Sheiza!"
There has been knitting this week, in some very pale pale pink merino yarn (well whaddaya know? The color resembles Peppermint so much so that it's almost freaky). As of right now, it will be temporarily known as... The Pink Blob.. No, I jest. It's actually I do from Knitty. And it's not for me. There's a little story behind this:

Friend: "Winnie!!! I'm getting married!"
Me: "Yay!! Congratulations! When is it?"
Friend: "It's the end of the year, and I have a light pink/white strapless dress. I need a wrap to go over it. Can you knit I DO for me?"
Me: "Bitch! You know I can't say no to that!...."
Friend: "Heh heh... I know.."
There's a KAL for this, and although I'm not in it, I have been stalking their progress on the shrug ever since I committed myself to making this lacy thingamajig. There's a pattern error on Round 60, and I found this link to be uber useful. I've got one piece down, and the other piece shouldn't take much longer. After that, I just gotta Kitchener stitch and block like a mofo.
Feeling a little "ah..what the hell"... I purchased the Diamond Fantasy Shawl pattern and splurged on Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Green Mountain Madness. I've made a conscious decision to stay away from pink for this one and damn it, it's going to look awesome. I visited A Mano Yarn in Venice and just sat on the floor with all their colorways spread out before me. It took me all of 40 minutes to decide on this one. Yea, once you decide you're gonna throw some cash into it, you had better make sure you won't regret it. And so, blues and greens it is.


3 Comments:

Blogger marirob said...

I'm sure your I Do will look fantastic and you are a good friend! I love the pattern for the Diamond Fantasy Shawl - I can't wait to see yours!

7:07 AM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

the I DO looks fabulous. I love the transformation of lace after blocking! Can't wait to see it done...and the diamond lace shawl...I am eyeing that pattern as well. Probably not till the new year.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "I DO" is coming out beautifully!! I've been eyeing that pattern for a while now - can't wait to see yours once it's done! Great job!

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home