Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Sure you can have 'em

Amelia Hat #2
Meet Am_Hat#2. She is a 5 hour knit, and the results are pretty damn good if I may say so. I was knitting away happily when the following conversation ensued,
Mom: "Your granma would love that. She wears a beanie when she sleeps because the air-conditioning gives her headaches."
Me: "Um well, this was for me, but if granma needs it more than I do, I guess I can make myself another one later."
There you have it. Everyone needs an Amelia Earhart Hat. This one was made with just one ball of Baruffa Maratona (121 yds), with sz 7 needles for a snug fit. Wouldn't want the hat to fall off when granma sleeps, ja know.

Cabled Armwarmers
Next up is a cabled armwarmer, knitted with sz 7 circs using Magic Loop. Pattern by Savannahchik. It's just a sample for my sister's viewing pleasure so she sees what it's like and I'm expecting a decision on color choice soon so she can have them for her birthday present. I'm trying to steer her away from black, gray, and white. That's her closet y'all. No color. Sheesh. And thus, summer gift knitting begins.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

That hat is just as cute on you the second time around! I gots to make me one!

4:27 PM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

So very cute! I love that hat pattern. I love the armwarmer...beautiful cabling!

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great hat. gonna have to try it myself.

6:39 AM  
Blogger natasha said...

i really hope you will post a photo with your granny wearing it. i love grannies.

i still have not gotten the sock needles i need. i went to 2 different yarn stores, michael's, and looked online, where part of what i needed was not in stock. i may leave work early and go to a store about 1/2 an hour away and get what i need. i also want to pick up some white sock yarn to dye for someone...do you know who? do you? my awesome, gorgeous, smart, patient friend winniiiiiiieeeeeee!! keep your fingers crossed that they have some!!

i think i may make one of these hats for my friend heather for xmas, i made her a knitted hat with felt kittie ears that i sewed that she loves, and she is so into vintage knits, i know she will love it. also, i have been knitting cloche hats for babies, and i know they would look cute on grownups too, and they are fast!!

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your cabled armwarmers - really good job :)

6:23 AM  
Blogger =joy= said...

onto the 2nd leg of the trip! aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 7 hr drive......................

7:56 AM  
Blogger marirob said...

That hat is cute! Please try to get a picture of your granny wearing it - that would be cute! And your armwarmers look great.
Is that a new background to your blog? If it isn't, I'm very unobservant, but if it is, I like it a lot!

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home