Thursday, June 02, 2005

Still cooking

Bella Paquita has been completed since tuesday, but she awaits a good blocking and therefore, won't appear before public eyes until next week. I don't know how I used up all that yarn, but I was sweating bullets when I got to the finish line doing the 2x2 tubular cast-off. Let me tell ya, tubular cast-off takes forever. The cast-off edges slant a little, but hopefully that will be remedied by the blocking. I opted to learn this method because normal bind offs leaves the bottom of the sweater kinda flared, and honey, that wasn't the effect I was looking for.

Still awaiting the knitting needles for my stripey sweater.. and being the impatient knitter that I am, I've already started googling for new projects. Lesley started a KAL for the infamous Apricot Jacket of Rebecca 27, and crazy broke me just had to buy that magazine. Found a copy of Rebecca 27 at the uber pricey Wildfiber, and forked over the $$ for just that pattern alone. I can't decide whether or not I want it in cotton, because then I can't do the splice and felt to connect new balls of yarn. But it seems like cotton is what gives the sweater the texture, so the jury is still out on this one. I probably won't start this one in the near future because (a) I really really need to write my dissertation, (b) I need to start the stripey sweater together with Andrea first, and (c) my mom is visiting next week and I can't stash more yarn (I can't have her thinking that I prefer knitting over writing my dissertation..which of course, would be true).

But, continuing with the knitting obsession, yes I do realize that I have joined the Cherry Blossom Shawl KAL too and haven't started. Again, the yarn. Cannot find something in pink or red that is within my budget and preferred fiber (merino or alpaca). So that project is going in the back burner. And Delphine-Along, well that one is a long-term goal. I swatched and discovered that her organic fish-bone looking cable in her famous sweater is totally doable. Yea, I gots me some Delphine-Cables.

ok..back to work. Pictures coming this weekend. Promise.

4 Comments:

Blogger goodkarma said...

Cha cha cha! That Delphine number is hot! So feminine. You should definitely go for the Aprikot Jacke. It turns out to be a really quick knit. I know that Bonne Marie made one out of (Paton's??) wool, so if you have your heart set on splicing, why not?

6:55 PM  
Blogger marirob said...

Delphine looks neat! I hope you do make it so we can all ooh and aah. I also think you should make the Apricot Jacke. It's not that hard. And make it out of any yarn you want - I think it will look great in wool!

7:37 PM  
Blogger =joy= said...

the post office said 2 days. you tell me if they're telling the truth. (^_^)

i'm going away for the weekend but we'll catch up when i get back!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Yay on starting the Apricot Jacket! You asked in my blog about the edge stitches. I'm looking at my knitting now because I can't remember how I started it. I ended up doing K2P2 rib the first row and ended with K2. Then when I flipped it, I did K1P1, then K2P2 for the rest of the row. It looks weird though, since it's a garter stitch edge on one side and stockinette edge on the other. I know it won't matter because it will be seamed but it looks really ugly. I get the point of edge stitches to make it easier to seam but I don't think they are necessary here. Maybe if you ended with a purl stitch and didn't want to seam reverse stockinette. I hope this was somewhat clear!

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home