Monday, May 09, 2005

Mohair for free!!


Project: Flower Basket Shawl #2 from Interweave Knits Fall 2004
Materials: Addi Turbo sz 7 32" circs, Alize 70% Mohair 30% PAC yarn (fingering/laceweight)
Notes: 8 lower basket repeats

So I completed FBS#2. This is a gift for a friend. I don't know how I feel about the variegated yarn, but I do know that I don't like working with mohair yarn. It feels like fiberglass when I was knitting it, but after the shawl was blocked, the yarn actually softened up a little. Or maybe I was just hallucinating. I have more than 1200 yrds left of this yarn.. so if anyone likes the plum, purple, pink variegated effect, maybe you can drop me an email and we can work out an exchange. I am currently looking for Interweave Knits Spring 2002 (hint hint). Or maybe if you catch me in a good mood (which I am in right now), I'll send it out as a gift. Hey, nothing with a little bit of random act of kindness right?

5 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

My you've been a busy girl, Winnie! I think FBS #2 is really pretty. The variegated yarn gives it a different (but good!) look. I don't like mohair either. It makes me itch like mad!

8:51 AM  
Blogger natasha said...

i would be interested in swapping some yarn if you fancy. i love variagated, and i knit a strand of mohair in with all sorts of things to spice em up!! tell me what sort of yarn you like, and i can look thru my stash.
i love your bloggy by the way, i have it bloglined!!

6:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! I can't believe how fast of a knitter you are! I'm literally in shock!! AND they all are so gorgeous! WOW!
Jealous? Uhhhhhh, YUP! (but in a good way!)
PS, I'm not a big fan of varigated either, but that shawl looks fabulous with it!

8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there,

i found your site, while admiring your lelah on boozhags site. your knitting ability is incrediable! i am a newish knitter too, but have not made anything that i'd wear in public yet! i'd love to swap yarn with you, if you haven't give away the mohair hair yet, thanks pls send me an email, thanks!

3:32 PM  
Blogger winnie said...

Hi Lily,

can you drop me an email? The email link is on top of the blog in the About me Section. I don't have your email address.

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home