Sunday, May 01, 2005

Woohoo for stashbusters!


Pattern: Lelah (size M) designed by Christine
Materials: GGH Samoa (stash, less than 500 yds), 2 yds green velvet ribbon (Joann), US 9 and 7 circular needles
Notes: 9 lace repeats, 7" bust area w/ 1" allowance for elastic, 3/4" elastic band.
Finished size: 29" on top to fit my 34" bust

This was a fun knit. Quick and easy. My stash was stressing me out and I got to frog a failed project to make this tube top. My bust looks a little "bunchy" in the pic because I had to tuck in my bra straps. Now where the heck did I put my strapless brassiere? I might make another in black Wool Ease just to bust my stash some more. Special thanks to Christine for this pretty design.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

winne, your lelah came out beautifully!

and i love the ribbon - is it velvet?

great job! ;)

11:26 PM  
Blogger =joy= said...

fantastique! great lelah! all the white lelahs make me wish i made mine in a lighter color. oh well. i ended up restarting my hot lava this weekend. i will not let it win! lol... i had to change the yarn tho. pics will be up tomorrow. (^_^)

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, cute!!

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is lovely... prefect for the summer - well done :)

3:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOWZA!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! You must send me a pic so I can put it in the gallery!! It came out GORGEOUS!!!! I'm floored!!!!!
Where do you live? Are you going to MSW???
Send a pic to me at cchristine16ATyahooDOTcom!

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! (for everything!) I just put it up in the gallery! Again, you did such a beautiful job and the velvet ribbon is such a nice detail!
I'll be covering the whole msw bonanza for an upcoming issue of spun as well, so you can feel like you were there!!

2:24 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Oh, I love it, Winnie!!! You make me so jealous with all your amazing projects!

5:01 PM  
Blogger xtina said...

thank you for linking to me! I came across your blog last week and thought, I love your work!

3:07 PM  
Blogger yuvee said...

Your Lelah is so pretty!!! I love the combination of white and green. I hope that I'm slim enough to wear anything like that, but maybe I could knit it for my friend ;)

5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home