Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Yum... raw chicken

So I finished the Hot Lava cardigan (sans approriate button.. I am thinking of making a frog closure with i-cords, or just be plain lazy and stick a brooch in it and call it done), and ~ I am feeling *hot hot hot* (for those of you who don't know what the hell that was, it was some cheesy song in the 90s). I will post pictures this weekend when I have access to the digital camera... so if you are interested, do check me out later.
Sticking to my new resolution of knitting accessories until I fall head over heels over the next sweater, I have discovered the
raw chicken viking hat designed by Sarah Mundy. Yes, my fellow readers, you are looking at a new chicken KAL-er.



I envision this chicken to be roasted *with* tan-lines... inspired by the above image at craftster. Come one, you know you want to make one too. Do not resist the chicken! So off to the LYS I go...

4 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I have been mighty tempted by the chicken hat. Everyone needs a project to lighten up their knitting, but for now, I'll just have to concentrate on my rockstar. :)~

5:24 AM  
Blogger =joy= said...

OMG i have NEVER seen that before! hysterical. and DEFINITELY with tan lines!

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been meaning to knit that hot lava, I really have! Did you use the magic loop? Pray tell, how did it go??? I can't wait t see the end results!

6:19 AM  
Blogger winnie said...

Christine,

Other than that stupid mistake I made because I read the instructions wrong (for the body part), the knitting was a BREEZE. Magic loop? Girl, it ain't that magical once you know how it's done. Go to www.knittinghelp.com and under Advanced Techniques, there's a video instruction. It looks complicated, but it isn't once you do it. Heck, now all I want are really really long circs. I'll post a pic this weekend. It looks fabu, have already worn it for 3 straight days.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home