Thursday, March 31, 2005

Luck has nothing to do with it


Unblocked and Unseamed

So I have finished knitting the last sleeve, and at this point, I pretty much consider the knitting done. The 62" + 18" of straps will be completed at a later time. Let me tell you, this little sucker tested the limit of my patience. I have knitting ADD. yes, i admit. I am glad that I started the back piece first, cuz that was the biggest piece and allowed me to get into the rhythm of the clover lace pattern. The front and back pieces were fun, because I had to keep track of alot of "at the same time" instructions that kept me alert. I thought that by the time I got to the sleeves, they would just knit themselves up in no time. Wrong. Surprisingly, the last stretch of knitting took me the longest. I think it's like running a marathon, first 20 miles you're fine (well relatively speaking), but when you get to the last 6.2 miles, ugh.... running towards a tunnel that has no end.


I caved in and purchased a SewEZ blocking board on Joann, and put in the order 2 1/2 weeks ago. Yes, I'm being precise with my time calculation. The estimated delivery time was 2-3 weeks. I was informed yesterday that the item is still in order and the email did not mention any ETA. patience... is not my virtue. Come on, the sweater is ready to be blocked... where the hell is the friggin' board? I even got the blocking pins ready. I guess I'll just use those pins as darts and aim it at Joann.com..... ok, maybe not. But I ain't blocking nothing until that board is in my apt.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it looks grest! I haven't even started mine, but I've bought some yarn. Mine will be a mossy-type green!
Did I miss Saint Patrick's day? ;)

/Katarina

http://katarinawiberg.blogdrive.com

6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's amazing, I love the color.
It's inspired me to get to my LYS and hurry up and finish mine :)

9:34 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Your Lucky looks great. I'm crazy about the pink. I'm using the same yarn and really like it. I've only finished the back so far but it's going a lot more quickly than I thought it would. I know what you mean by ADD, and this one is keeping me on my toes.

What color are you using in Cotton Fine? I guess I could figure it out if I looked at the swatches online, huh? I love it though and would like to try that color in another pattern!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Surly said...

that looks so great! I need to hop to it since I don't have any pieces near finished and I'm in the KAL!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home