Thursday, March 24, 2005

Just wanted to drop in

alright... a no-picture post... but i do have progress to share. The front left and right pieces and the back of Lucky have been completed.. and now i just have to do the sleeves. this is the point where i get side-tracked again. i started working on Hush and discovered that my yarn is a little thicker than what was called for. fear not, i can do math. basically, i just decreased the cast-on stitches by 40 and that should get me to a finished size to fit a 34" bust. i finished the bottom lace details and am now just working my way through the stockinette stitches. pretty therapeutic.. although i do slightly miss the faster progress on working with larger sized needles. but there's no one else to blame but myself... i do like results from sz 2 and 3 needles. speaking of which... enter side-track project #3. this is the little leaf lace scarf by Sivia Harding. I ordered some lace-weight angora yarn from ebay.. ended up winning 1800 yds.. and have no friggin' clue what to do with it. i can't make a garment out of it because i know it'll itch me and i'd end up scratching everywhere.. so i'm just going to make little nice scarves and give it away. (but if someone has a better idea of how i can use up 1800 yds of fine angora, please do share your fantabulous ideas).

has anyone ever visited Jennifer Paulousky's site? She's got this awesome albeit weird looking sci-fi vest that i think is just... i'm at a loss for words. I'm counting the minutes for her to post that pattern. please go check it out and tell me that is not the most far-out vest you've ever seen. hey, i like it.

will post pictures soon. i promise. and thanks to Lauren for her nice comments on my Lucky. and yes, i do like working with Brown Sheep's Cotton Fine. am thinking of stocking up on it just in case some other project comes up.

oh oh.. one last note. Lothruin has some nice vintage patterns that I am totally lusting over. She has these two vintage 50s and 60s dress patterns that she's posted on her site and i am combining the top from one and the full-skirt design from another to make my ultimate dream dress. Sure, i'll probably be 100 yrs old when that project is finally completed and ready to be worn, but it's on my MUST-DO list.

so this is good-bye, for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger yahaira said...

ok now im obsessed with the sci fi vest as well...umm i think a craftster kal is gonna come up

2:12 PM  
Blogger Kellie said...

I loved looking at the vintage stuff.

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home