Friday, April 01, 2005

A flower basket in the making


so i searched high and low, and my LYS has one.. yes.... one last copy of Interweave Knits Fall 2004. You know what this means.. flower basket shawl. I know I have the angora yarn... but my hands were instant glued to the misti alpaca the moment they touched the yarn. you can't blame me.. it feels like butta! oh lordy. being on the underpaid overworked grad student budget, i only forked over enough money to make 2 shawls. i am loving the pattern so far. it really keeps me on my toes. gonna make one for me, and one for my dear mom. although wool itches me, i'd tell those hives to take a hike and bathe in alpaca yarn if i could. THAT is how much i love this yarn.

i promised someone i'd make her something (well she knew i picked up knitting in Jan 2005 and wants me to make her something... so i feel kinda committed).... if i get around to it i might make her this shawl using the angora yarn.

Hm.. i wonder how this pattern will knit up using Brown Sheep's Cotton Fine.. my friend loves this pattern but tells me that even the alpaca feels a little scratchy around her neck. If anyone has ever knit this up in cotton yarn, please let me know how that worked out (like I get alot of visitors on this blog...).

Oh god. that's like.. 4 shawls in the making. maybe i should be a little less boring by making other lace patterned shawls. any good suggestions?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know this shawl is very popular among knitters here in Sweden, but I've never come across one in cotton. I haven't knitted it myself, I went for the Rowan Birch-shawl. A bit like flower basket, though.

/Katarina

6:35 AM  
Blogger Kellie said...

I found the same mag at a LYS today and snapped it up. I knew that Flower Basket pattern was in there. I also grabbed som Plymouth Wildflowers DK to try with it. We shall see how things progress.

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home