Sunday, April 24, 2005

V is for V-necks, and Victory for me.


Pattern: Lucky Clover Lace Wrap (size Small)from SNB Nation
Duration: March 1 2005 to April 24 2005 (off and on)
Materials: Brown Sheep Cotton Fine in Victorian Pink
Notes: For those of you who are going to seam this little sucker, seam the shoulders, sleeves and sides (I also seamed the waist band to the sides together in one go) first. Make the neck band, then sew it to about 2" away from the part where you connected the front and sleeve, then mattress stitch 2-3 sts from the front pieces to 1 st from the neck band. This allows the neck band to gather to a V-neck. **What I did was I wore the wrap, then threw the band over my shoulders and safety-pinned 3-4" sections (band to sweater) depending on how I want the v-neck to look. Then I stitched it accordingly.** Continue this stitch method until you arrive to the other front piece, then mattress stitch every 1 st from the body piece to 1 st of the neck band. Trust me, I learned it the HARD way... unless you wanted a boatneck wrap sweater..

What I would have done different if I knew then what I know now: Make sleeves and body pieces longer. Cuz that's how I like it. But this is fine too, and NO, I am not making another one.
After thought: Granted this is not the best seaming the modern civiliazation has seen, but it's my first sweater, and it's 1000% me. Yes, 1000%.
** - Editted content

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH wow, that looks great!! So damn cute!! I think I might have to start on my own, yours seriously looks prefect! It looks better than the model in the book :D Good job !!!

4:11 AM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

OH MY GOD! You did it...my heart jumped when I saw it...a completed LUCKY!!!!! I love it, love it, love it! It looks gorgeous on you, I am so jealous...I have to go now and finish my sleeves! OH MY GOD!

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! You are my hero for finishing this sweater, and it looks so wonderful! You did a terrific job. Now I will have to visit this post daily for motivation on finishing mine!

6:37 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Your Lucky looks so good! I can't wait to finish mine (still need to do the sleeves) now. I'm using the same yarn as you, different color. I love your pink one though.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Moni said...

Wow! it looks beautiful! I hope mine turns out that good :)

7:36 AM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

ok, I am back to look at it again...did I say I love it? I LOVE IT! What do you mean 2" away from the part where you connected the front and sleeve...so the band actually dips down further in that area?

8:31 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Winnie, your Lucky is awesome!!! Now I won't freak out anymore. :) It looks so cute on you - I'm glad it worked out.

9:00 AM  
Blogger winnie said...

Thank you all for your lovely comments. My ego just expanded ten-fold. Can't wait to see all of your finished Lucky's too!

9:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great... sorry I never got to email you back earlier - I have been so busy - looks like you didn't need my help anyway - well done :)

6:37 AM  
Blogger Kellie said...

Wow. Can I say that again? Wow.

You just started knitting in Jan and churn out terrific stuff like this? I am in awe.

12:33 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Your lucky looks great! So glad that I could be of some help to you during the KAL.

10:09 AM  
Blogger yuvee said...

Oh wow, I've been wanting to knit this for quite some time. You make me crave for pink yarns, really. Love your knitting, Hot Lava is looking great too. I'm sooo inspired by your knitting, love it...

5:55 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Wow, it's so beautiful.

7:06 PM  
Blogger scarlet said...

Thank you for the seaming tips on Lucky's neckband. I am about to start on just that, and am glad to have such sage advice and awesome inspiration. Yours looks great!!

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home