Friday, May 27, 2005

Conversation with Bella

Me: Bella.. I'd like you to meet bella_sleeve
Bella: Oooh.. look at her. She's so purdy. Oh look at that tubular cast on.
Me: I know.. isn't she a beauty? She's perfect for you.
Bella: ......
Me: What's wrong? Don't you like her?
Bella: I feel...I don't deserve her. I'm flawed..
Me: What? Nonsense. I made her just for you! You belong together.
Bella: Look me in the waist and tell me I am perfect!
Me: .....
Bella: Unless you plan on wearing me and never raising your arms..


********1 hour later********


times like this I wish I had a yarn winder..
I guess those astrologers know a thing or two about Virgos being anal. Yes. I'm anal, on certain occasions. This yarn is too soft and too beautiful for such sacrilege. And hey, when it boils down to it, there's just one question to be answered. Do I want to (a) wear Bella Paquita indoors behind these four walls, or (b) parade her shamelessly in public? I choose (b). I'm not a show-off, but my sweater is.

6 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

Tears for your Bella. But you are exactly right, if it is a mistake that makes you not want to wear her, it makes no sense to keep going, even if it's a tiny thing only you would notice.

I had the same hesitation as you about buying the issue of Rebecca with the Apricot Jacket. I hate paying $17 for 1 design! There was one other pullover that I love in that issue and hopefully something else will grow on me. Knitting 2 or 3 from an issue makes it more worthwhile.

5:40 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

You gotta do what makes you happy. That's what I decided with Lucky. Girlfriend is frogged. And you know what? I don't have that feeling of dread in my tummy anymore, so I hope things work out with you and Bella!

6:50 AM  
Blogger xtina said...

I'm sure it's going to be great when you're finished. That yarn is really pretty especially in the closeups of the cast-on. I really need to try that on a project.

4:52 PM  
Blogger marirob said...

I'm not sure if I've ever posted on your blog, but I love your projects! As much as I hate frogging, I think you did the right thing with this project. The neckline is so beautiful that Bella deserves to be perfect!

11:45 AM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

Yes, us virgos are very anal...so frog if you must...you know if you have to...

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, but you are skinny! You can get away with ANYTHING darling! And I truly mean that!!!!!!! Wear it loud you knit so be puh-roud!

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home