Tuesday, June 21, 2005

*wave* Hi

OSW #2


This is OSW#2. And as luck would have it, I ran out of freakin' yarn again. I only had the 1" edging to knit, so I used some velour type yarn (cheapo) and it looks nasty -- as in no stitch definition. Will frog that and use a proper cotton yarn. The purplish main body is knitted up with Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, and it deserves better than the cheapo acrylic blah yarn.


Phildar Stripey Back

Next up is my progress shot of the Phildar Stripey Top. Phildar calls it "Pull Manches Courtes"..um yea, whatever that is. It is being knit up on Sz 1 and 4 needles, and since my mom is here, knitting progress is s~l~o~w~~... this sweater will be growing very very minimally over the next few weeks. But I have one more picture to show you all, and.....

No sew hem
TADA!!!.... The no-sew knitted hem. Hee hee...that's my biggest accomplishment with this sweater yet. So, I have a question for y'all. Is it just me or does Summer knitting progress slower than winter knitting? Maybe it's just me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your OSW with the contrast edging - very cute!

6:56 AM  
Blogger =joy= said...

summer knitting is always slow because:

1) it is too disgustingly HOT to knit wool or mohair that stick to sweat. mmm... lovely.

2) you can't really knit while doing other outdoor activities like hiking or swimming.

3) no christmas deadlines or need to cover oneself immediately with newly-made items.

glad to see you're out of your hole. hope you're having a good time with the mom visit!

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ack! i can't believe you actually started this already ~ i'm so behind *already*. i don't know what happened but my gauge all of a sudden tightened up so i gotta buy some new needles, sigh.

anyhow, it looks great - those colors are so pretty! and the hem totally impressive ;)

12:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home