Sunday, June 05, 2005

Pink and Purple

bella_all
Project: Bella Paquita (Small) by Marnie Maclean
Materials: Baruffa Maratona (6 balls at 121 yds/ball), US 7 circular needles
Techniques Learned: 2x2 tubular cast-on and off
Notes: waist shaping inc/dec still looked a little wonky. Marnie recommended lifted increases for the shaping. Did not complete all the rows as specified in the pattern (5-6 rows short). Just kept on trying until it is the right length for me. Increased sleeve length by 2". Provisional CO for body, tubular BO for body, 2x2 tubular CO for sleeves.




Close up for the lace pattern along the neck-line (8 repeats total..I think). This is probably the truest representation of the color of the yarn. It's a deep mauve/purplish worsted weight merino. Overall this could be considered an easy knit, but I was just too anal. In the end, I compromised with the wonkiness because I had to move on to a new project. Bella is still considered as a learning sweater because the shoulder seaming isn't perfect too. Next....

amelia
**It's an overcast day outside I know, but my shades just look too good with my new hat..**

And now, for a little stash-busting. This is the Amelia Earhart hat pattern that's been around for some time. I wanted some instant-gratification, and with the pink Wool-Ease I had lying around plus a few hours of vigorous knitting, here are the results. Me thinks me needs more stashbusting projects like these.. very tempted by the One-Skein Wonder by Glampyre...hm.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh they're both beautiful! great job winnie ;) the bella paquita is gorgeous, so flattering to your figure, and the lace is lovely and delicate - it's really nice. and the hat! i love the shaping - i hadn't seen that pattern before and i'm loving it.

i'm all about stashbusting lately - i've made two of those one skein wonders in the past four days, they're addictive, i swear..

5:52 PM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Hot damn, girl! You look great in Bella! Woot! The lace at the neckline is so pretty.

6:44 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Wow, Bella looks amazing on you! It looks like this pattern was designed for your figure. Love the hat and especially your sunglasses too! :)

8:35 PM  
Blogger xtina said...

Bella looks so pretty!!

11:05 PM  
Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

That sweater looks wonderful on you!

11:07 PM  
Blogger kris said...

i love the amelia earhat hat - i made it last winter and it looked like crap on me, but seeing how great yours is makes me want to try it again ... bella paquita is gorgeous as well!

12:41 AM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

gorgeous! I love bella! You look fantabulous! Love the hat...I did not know of this pattern...thank you!

5:26 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

Holy crap, I love them both! You and Bella look so hot together, and I LOVE the shades with your new cap! WOW!

6:35 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

you look awesome in those shades and the bella! I will be stealing those glasses...I mean wow where did you get them :)

you are going to get addicted to the one skein wonder, trust me!

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bella looks amazing, and great on you!

7:36 AM  
Blogger =joy= said...

regardless, bella looks great. silly. remember, they're not mistakes they're adaptions of a pattern. (^_^) and that amelia earhart hat looks FAB! i totally need to make myself one now. oh, and i just bought IK Fall 2004 - so guess what that means... let the shawl obsession continue!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I think it looks just amazing on you.

10:43 AM  
Blogger natasha said...

i cannot believe how amazing this sweater is. i cannnnnnot!! not only is it gorgeous, but it looks amazing on you.

second, i have not forgotten about you...oh, no!! i have something really cool on the way, i am just making sure that this this thing is soft enough for ya, so i have been weeding through things...ok, i'll spill...i just started spinning, so i have a bit of merino/silk coming your way in the next couple of weeks...is that soft enough for your liking?

8:25 PM  
Blogger Alexa said...

Wow, Bella looks amazing!

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home