Friday, July 01, 2005

Requisite Boring Progress Shot

phildar back
Thanks to my fellow knit-bloggers who check me out from time to time, they've helped me figure out Phildar's French-glish instructions. Special shout-out to Mari, who, out of the kindess of her heart, sent me an email with row-by-row instructions of the brain-fart-inducing shoulder/neck shaping described previously. The more I looked at the length of the sweater, the more it looks like pajama to me. I've decided to crop it down a little bit (only 2"), so we'll see how this little stripey devil will turn out. Inspired by Tara's short-row shoulder shaping for her short-sleeved Vogue top , I've insanely decided to be a short-row follower. With help from Nona's "ask Nona" archives describing short-row shaping in detail, this Phildar stripey back currently has all its live stitches intact. Frankly, I have no idea what I am doing, but we'll soon find out when the grafting happens. If it comes out well, I'm keeping the top. But if my spontaneous idea of cropping the top by 2" turns out to be a disaster, I need to find me a shorter-torso buddy in a sz 4 to wear this baby.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Girl, I think it looks great! And unless you have a really long torso, it should fit. AT least I hope it does b/c it's cute! :)

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, Rowan patterns continue to stump and perplex me and then when I finally break down and have someone translate it, it's always something that makes me smack my head and go "awww man! DUH!" It's all in the wording.
I'll post up the specs on the dress probably tomorrow since everyone loves it! It's from art fibers, but it's not like a "pattern" pattern and it was free (without purchase!) so I think it's safe to comment about it, especially if I keep mentioning them! Right?

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home