Saturday, July 09, 2005

Memoirs of a Geisha (Sock)

Armed with a wealth of information from the Internets and support from my powerful allies - the sock knitters, I present my first sock. Not first pair of socks, just the first sock. Like all newbie sock knitters, I am now prancing around my apt at 2:00am no less, wearing one sock. And hot damn, taking pictures of your own foot without trembling like jello is hard work. Let me provide you with a verbal description - I'll spare you the visual on this one.
geisha sock
****Now.. imagine a dog pissing. Got it? Okay, now imagine the dog pissing, in the same position, but lying down (belly-up)on the floor. *****
That was the pose I had to take in order to provide my
geisha sock for your viewing pleasure. You may now laugh....(30 secs later)... okay, that's enough laughing. Moving on..
Another mindless knitting project is a 7 ft monster that is the love-child of
Crazy Aunt Purl. BF is moving to Canada and he needs a warm alpaca scarf around his neck soon, and a warm alpaca scarf he shall receive.
MAGIC SCARF
Okay, I shall now go to bed with one sock on foot, and an empty glass of wine. Happy weekend everyone!
Edit: The Geisha Sock has a fraternal twin!

geisha

6 Comments:

Blogger cmeknit said...

LOVE IT! Look at you! Are you hooked or what?! Love the crazy style...I have to try that sock shot...probably more flattering. I will try the pissing dog shot next sock!

6:16 AM  
Blogger marirob said...

Yay! Congratulations! I was the same way, contorting my body to take pics and wearing one sock all day long. Isn't it a great feeling? And your sock looks fantastic!

6:56 AM  
Blogger natasha said...

so first question, how hard was it? second, are they comfy? third, did you end up using the magic looop d loooooopy? do tell. you know i want to knit those geisha sockies really badly!

9:18 AM  
Blogger FaeryCrafty said...

Oooooooooh now you have to knit the Kimono from Knitty heehee!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE those socks

11:47 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

I think they look great for your first try! By the way, what is that cute cabled top that you linked to in you last post? HOT!

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home