Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Erratic Knitting Ahead

Lately, my mood has been quite tumultuous, and I cannot for the life of me get a grip. After much blog-surfing, I have finally discovered why. All you Virgos out there, mercury is in retrograde yo! Yea, like I actually know what that means - but if it explains why I feel this way, then good. Blame the stars.
Knitting has been happening haphazardly, and here's proof:

This is a finished sock that I blogged about previously. I finished the top with 4 rows of 1x1 rib and cast off using
EZ's sewn cast-off. It works! It works! Suffice to say my circulation was not cut off at the least bit when I tried it on. The Figure-8 cast on close up is shown in the picture at the bottom. It's easy, it's pretty, and I'm going to keep using it.



So one must not be selfish and knit only for oneself. Therefore, one must purchase awesome new sock yarn and knit for others. Case in point - sock for BF in Trekking XXL Color 111. Photographing dark variegated colors is a royal pain in the butt, hence the crappy picture. 68 sts on sz 0 addi's, woohoo. This one is done in k4p1 rib, and trust me, I took a gazillion pictures to show you how lovely it is, but the camera begged to differ. It simply won't agree with me on the loveliness of BF's sock and refused to take pretty pictures. Screw it.

One fine day, many moons ago, I ventured into my LYS to the scrap bin section and discovered two skeins of Manos yarn for $9.00. Yes, ladies, 2 skeins of Manos for $9.00. Now I'm not one to pass up a bargain like this, plus they have 4 balls of lilac Rowan Cork for $8.00. Go on, be jealous. But of course, one must not be selfish (again!) so I gave the Cork to a friend so she can enjoy my sinful purchase too. Now this dark red Manos, it wants to be the Devil Hat. I left out the horns, but added pompoms instead. I even felted them in hot water for a little bit too, and I love the results. Perhaps I could also lengthen the i-cord and make even bigger pompoms so I can stuff my bra with them. Why pay for expensive breast augmentation surgery when all you need are big pompoms? Tsk tsk tsk.. You agree? No?
Girls, have you seen this? It's beautiful. I'm feeling the itch for lace-knitting again. I have my mind set on the Cherry Blossom Shawl too, but have yet to find the inexpensive yet good quality yarn that I can afford. Knitpicks has some good merino lace options, and at $2.29 for 440 yds, heck, I'd only be paying $6.87 to make the cherry blossom. Why haven't I made the purchase? Well, CHERRY blossom, my friends. I wonder why Knitpicks have decided not to carry anything in the RED color family... I'd be all over them already. Hmph.
I'm still waiting for a package from my SYNO pal. I check my mailbox twice everyday.. even my neighbors' doorsteps.. cuz y'all know the mailman screws up sometimes.. No news yet, but I'm hoping soon. If you're reading this Swap Pal, fret not. I'm just impatient by nature and since mercury is in retrograde (what the hell does that mean really?), all kinds of neurotic irrational behavior is unleashed. I'll curb the beast soon, I promise.

6 Comments:

Blogger cmeknit said...

From a fellow virgo...I love that hat! Love it! I am all of a sudden about shawl scarf things! I just came accross that diamond shawl pattern too. I love it.

5:25 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

The pompoms are genious, love them! Im going to have to steal that idea :P

1:34 PM  
Blogger =joy= said...

o jesus, that mercury in retrograde is messing us all up!
http://www.astrologyzone.com/forecasts/monthly/leo_full.php

*sigh*

i'm going to try to call tomorrow... i really haven't been feeling like posting.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love the pompoms - so cute, and a great idea to felt them.

i'm in a sock mood myself - and nope, the camera does not co-operate in the least bit. sux.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SYNO pal here! Ohhh, so sorry to keep you waiting--I've been out of town for a bit, and have just now gotten your info. Everything's just about on it's way, I just have to make up my mind a little. I'll have the yarn out to you tonight, so you can start stalking your mailbox again safely in a week or so! ;)

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there! Just found your blog, wandering around... and I had some thoughts about the cherry blossom shawl.

I actually completed it a few months ago and was a bit disappointed with mine. Reason? Well, you cannot see my hard work nearly as easily as I hoped you would. Mine was done in a pale blue though so maybe in a darker color, the lace would pop out more... It is hard to see it when you have to fold it in half to wear it, you know?

Not to discourage you or anything- just something to think about! It is a *beautiful* pattern.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home