Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Giant Dish Cloth!

First of all, stripe knitting SUCKS ASS. *inhale... exhale*... May I present to you, TWO giant dish cloths. Yea, this is how far along I am on the Phildar sweater. And it has no shaping whatsoever. Do not be fooled by the slender edges of the pieces, it's just the yarn curling. And short rows on top with stripe sequence? Har har har... bazillion loose end hell. What have I gotten myself into? That's right, winnie, how very smart of you to do short rows AND switch yarns at the same time? *snicker snicker* I wanted to begin the sleeve knitting with tubular cast on, but at this point, screw it. Knitting 160 sts per row on sz 1 is just too, um, lovely, for words.

So, I've picked out my yarn for the Stitch Ya Neck Out scarf swap. And don't worry, yet-to-be-determined-SYNO-pal, it ain't black yarn. It's a most lovely maroon-brown 100% superfine merino yarn. Wanna know what they're destined to be? Click Here. Yup. I've wanted it since the first time I laid eyes on it, but the endless ribbing has kept me far far away. Oh don't get me wrong, I have no qualms about ribbing, but 100% ribbing? *ponders* hm, I'd take lace knitting any day over ribbing. I am looking forward to knitting some Backyard Leaves, or Ruffles, or even Branching Out from Knitty. I understand that the first two are very popular picks.. so fear not, cuz here's one happy volunteer who's dying to knit them for ya.

3 Comments:

Blogger yahaira said...

ugh, just looking at that gives me a headache. It reminds me of my bias tank that sits in the UFO pile (I have to reknit one of the dishcloths!)

5:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, another turtleneck shrug! I am requesting this one too. wonder if any of us will end up knitting the same thing we requested...

5:57 AM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

I haven't knit in stripes yet...do you carry the yarn up the side or cut after each colour section? Lot's of ends I am sure!

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home