Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Scarf-O-Mania

I've been slacking on Phildar Stripey....the endless stockinette is boring me to death..argh.. I am so not in the mood for big projects recently, so I've resorted to making scarves. Here is Leaf Cravat by Teva Durham, using sz 5 needles and a sport weight Baruffa Aerobic Yarn. Leaf Craveat
Let me tell ya, this sucker is LONG. I just kept knitting and knitting, and before you know it, it's 10 ft long! Ha ha.. Good thing it's uber-skinny, so I can just wrap and wrap and wrap. I'm also working on another scarf for my mom, but no pictures yet.
So remembered how I tried to steer my sister away from black, gray and white? She still wants gray. I've managed to talk her into adding another color, and guess what she wanted? Dark Olive Green. *shakes head* I give up. Here's her cabled armwarmer, using sz 7 circs and Cascade 220 yarn.
Cabled Armwarmer
Since I'm in the mood for scarves and little pick-me-ups lately, I've signed on to
Stitch Ya Neck Out. Check it out, we've got some awesome knitters in the swap. I've never knit for another fellow knitter before, so I'm a little nervous about having my knitting scrutinized. What if my swap pal thinks I am a horrible knitter? What if she thinks her scarf looks like crap? yea, self-doubts can be nerve-wrecking. Hopefully it will work out. The kick-off is early August. Go sign up like I did (at 3am in the freakin' morning when I was semi-delusional).
Supposed to be meeting
Joy and Andrea in the afternoon. A little anxious, but a little excited nonetheless.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Love that scarf, winnie! And don't give up on your sis. One of my college friends was like that. Just keep wearing fabulous, bright colors around her, and maybe she'll start thinking "Hmmm, Winnie looks so hot in blue! I NEED SOME BLUE STUFF!!!"

4:31 PM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

Love the scarf and the armwarmers! I've heard of the stitch ya neck out...sounds like fun!

4:59 PM  
Blogger natasha said...

yeah, i am sure your knitting exchange person will be shocked at what a crap knitter you are! you are insane! everything you make is meticulous!

did you use magic loop for the arm warmers? i am wanting to make some armwarmers for a few different people, two of them guys, two girls, one of the two is meeeee, the girl warmers are to match the amelia hat..any advice? i am thinking maybe of knitting them straight on just sewing them together...i am afraid to cable in the round...where is the pattern from?

i have been planning to knit that cravat as well, i love it.like a bowtie. was it hard? i will not be making it 10 ft long. is it really 10 ft long?

8:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home