Monday, August 01, 2005

Meet my Gobo Bag

Inspired by Diana's Sling Bag and Lauren's Trellising Market bag, I need one too. Now, Diana ventured into the dark world of crochet, and Lauren's market bag pattern is unavailable online, so what's a girl to do? Make up her own damn pattern! That's right, fellow readers, I just winged my own pattern. And because it's hobo-ish and lime green, I dub it.. GOBO. And just to spice things up a lttle, I added the leaf cravat by Teva Durham on the handle. Now tell me, does it not remind you of granny smith apples? Does to me.And this is not all. If you don't like the sling bag look, there's always other options. Try slapping on a handle and voila!
bag w handle
Pattern: Gobo by Me (heh heh)
Materials: Sugar'nCream, Hot Green, 2.5 balls (no yardage information), Sz 5-11 circular needles (Gotta love Denise Interchangeables)
Time to completion: 2 days
Notes: Extremely roomy, light-weight and cheerful.Cotton can be a little too stretchy, so I'll probably shorten the handles next time if I do get around to making another one.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, no dark art of crochet?? Just kidding, your bag came out great! The stitch pattern you chose looks perfect.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

cute bag, Winnie! Did you create the pattern just by switching needle sizes? Coooool. :)

4:25 AM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

Very nice Winnie! I love the colour...I must venture into bags this winter.

5:11 AM  
Blogger natasha said...

i could see long straight handles on this one...also, if you don't like how stretchy it is, you could line it with fabric to give it a bit more structure and shape? i love it! and the color is fantastic!

7:56 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

So when are you going to post the pattern so we can all copy you? :)

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home