Wednesday, August 24, 2005

How do you spend your evening with your loved one?

Today started out with me receiving 3 hanks of handpainted merino from Uruguay in the following colorway. These 3 hanks are destined to be Clapo-2, since Clapo-1 has been abducted by mommy dearest. And would you know it? BF came to visit me tonite. This is how we spent a romantic (heh heh) evening together.

First, we started out with the lovely yarn.... A few hours went by...

And 2 balls of lovely hand-wound yarn appeared. I was going to get to the third hank... but
BF decided that it's time to get me this! HA HA HA... And that is the end of our little show-and-tell for today. YIPEE!!!!! (Oh and just so you know, I already made good use of that 50% off from Joann for the swift that should appear on my doorsteps any day now)

9 Comments:

Blogger shizzknits said...

What a lovely colorway. I wonder what they feed those sheep down in South America that makes their fleece so soft? :) Just wait till you get your swift/ballwinder setup. It's FUN. I already taught my 3yr old how to wind yarn.

Love that child labor! LOL

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the colour of that yarn - it will look amazing as a Clapo

1:05 AM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

Oh that is beautiful yarn! You know that you will still need him for a human swift?!

5:09 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

That's how I got the boy to get me a swift and winder, making them work does wonders ; )

That yarn looks gorgeous (my fave colorway)

5:14 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I love that colorway! Can't wait to see it knit up.
So jealous of your winder/swift. Haven't talked my boy into it yet - he likes handwinding yarn.

5:31 AM  
Blogger marirob said...

Such pretty yarn! Your Clapotis will look fantastic. And I wholeheartedly recommend a ball winder and a swift. It changed my knitting life. Really.

6:24 AM  
Blogger sturdygirl said...

Oooh, it's like strawberries and chocolate! Such a pretty colorway. Have fun with the ballwinder and swift!

6:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He bought you a yarn winder - he is totally a keeper!! I love the photo of the two of you winding yarn though, its so sweet.

8:09 AM  
Blogger =joy= said...

HAHAHA!!! what a GREAT boyfriend... first enduring the pain of hand-winding with you and then purchasing you knitting gear! i need to get me one of those... ^_~

*hugs* miss you lots. i'll have a full report when i get my new camera!

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home