Saturday, December 03, 2005

Geeky Knitting

It's been very quiet on the home front for the past few weeks, and to be quite honest I'm in a bit of a knitting funk. There's been many attempts of knitting, leading to many instances of ripping.. and finally I've just decided to take a small knitting break. But winter has kicked in, and during this little break I've decided to knit another scarf for the BF in Canada.
Here's the breakdown for the above geeky knitting..
Pattern:
DNA Scarf by June Oshiro
Materials: a little over 4 balls of Plassard Superwash Merino (DK weight, 123yds/50gm), size 3 needles
Finished size: 6" wide by 78" long (incl. 18" of neck ribbing). Measurements taken after blocking.
Notes: Variations of the DNA scarf designed by June Oshiro can also be found in the Knits Gene-ious section of Interweave Knits Fall 2003 magazine.

Of course, with the leftover yarn, I managed to whip up a pair of wrist warmers from Last Minute Knitted Gifts for myself.. why let good yarn go to waste right?
Oh, and worry not. The Renaissance Tunic wasn't ripped. My brain just needs something simple and less-complicated right now....

8 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

Great scarf, Winnie!! And I love the wrist warmers. I was thinking of knitting that pattern myself!

8:53 PM  
Blogger handknit168 said...

Your DNA scarf is pretty, and I never think this can be a pattern.

My Blog
My on-line shop

9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was wondering where you had disappeared to! great scarf though, and i really like the pattern for the wrist warmers, they look very cozy. and, though few would believe it who don't live here, it's been so friggin' cold!, so your knitting is perfect.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Moni said...

I hope your feeling better. I totally understand the whole "funk' thing. I've been there.

6:36 PM  
Blogger sturdygirl said...

Nice scarf! And I really want to make those wristwarmers too - did you use the two short circs like the pattern called for, or did you just use DPNs? Was it awkward, or do you just need two sets?

Hope you will see your sweetheart over the holidays. They will be here before you know it! :)

9:37 PM  
Blogger yahaira said...

Im glad you are back! You were going to get a "wth are you?!" comment from me.

I hope the boy is keeping warm, at least he has an awesome scarf on his way. Will you be seeing him soon?

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For being in a knitting funk, you sure knit some cute things!

12:40 PM  
Blogger =joy= said...

psst. i'm back from the dead! i think...

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home