Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Raspy - The Cheater's Version

Raspy is done done done. And here she is, left view, front view and side view (I had to hold a mug cuz I didn't know what to do with my hands). Note to self: Wear a black bra next time if I'm going to be using the flash on my camera.Pattern: Raspy, Rowan Denim People (sz Small)
Materials: Den-m-Nit Dark Indigo (13 balls - Diana was right, I did have enough to seam). Sz 4/5 needles for body, 5 for sleeves
Notes: No pattern changes except to lengthen sleeves so they're 21" before raglan shaping (25.2" before shrinkage). I had to throw this in my dryer 3 freakin' times to get it to shrink to the desired size. That was a bitch in itself. This is where I explain why I call it the "cheater's version". You see, after the waist decreases, the pattern asks you to start increasing for the bust - which I apparently don't have. After seaming the sucker, I ended up with a very roomy bust. What'a a girl to do? I don't have the heart to rip and knit again (esp. since I already shrunk it), so here's where I cheated. I BACKSTITCHED. That's right, y'all. I have no shame - and no craftsmanship for that matter. And here's proof.
It's impossible to photograph dark indigo, therefore you get the overexposed shots above. But I did manage to get one where I processed like mad in photoshop to show you the details up front. It's a little dark, but you get the drift.
I'd like to thank Diana, Jade and Michelle for offering their leftover denim yarn when I panicked previously that I was going to have no yarn to seam. Even though I did not need that extra few yards in the end, their assurance to send me that extra ball helped me finish this sweater. It's no where near perfect - in fact, truly flawed, but I will wear it with grace. Fact is, if I hadn't mentioned it, no one would ever know right? Say yes.

Labels:

19 Comments:

Blogger goodkarma said...

It looks so cute on you! The fit is right on. Is this a magical pattern? The few I've seen in blogland have been *perfect*.

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! Have no shame in your backstitch girl. Do what you gotta do. Now I really want to make one. Can I blame it on you? ;)

10:07 PM  
Blogger kris said...

wahey! looking good, girl!

now please stop finishing sweaters at the speed of light. i'm getting depressed.

any sign of my package yet, btw?

12:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, it looks great. I love it.

Makes me want to get mine out again. My first attempt gave me something that resembled a dress!

4:05 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

This is on my 'to do' list - have the yarn and everything. I'm "endowed" like you are, so maybe I'll omit the increases all together! (did you think you needed them at all?)

4:40 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

Maybe you can get a push-up bra to help your boobs 'grow' faster. =P Just kidding. It looks wonderful on you. And yes, stop finishing sweater this fast. I am still struggling with Bella, you will receive an email from me soon about the lace part.

5:20 AM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

Looks great! Love the new blog look too!

5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raspy looks so good on you! Love that dark indigo.

5:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha like the mug. Raspy looks great - love how you improvised. Cheaters win.

5:56 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

Sometimes you just have to sew the crap out of your knits. Looks great, fits you beautifully.

6:31 AM  
Blogger marirob said...

I love Raspy! It looks great on you. And hey, it's not cheating, you're being a smart knitter! I'm sure you'll get lots of wear out of it.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressive!

And the backstitch solution is, too.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Moni said...

oh my gosh! you are a fast knitter! I love it on you!

6:54 AM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Raspy looks wonderful on you! Nice job.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this so much. And the idea to backstitch?...I would have been right there with ya.

I so love this sweater?!

Kim

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel for you. I'm also sufficiently boobless. Isn't it a bitch?

But raspy looks fab and I am totally impressed with your backstitching.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

dang, girl! you sure know how to work a camera! everything you knit and model looks incredible.

great job on Raspy! i get so distracted from what i'm working on because the stuff you knit turns out so nice; project ADD, i tell you!

anyways, keep up the great work :)

1:33 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hey, that's not cheating! That's just bossing your knitting around and making it bend to your will!!

Beautiful job! I'll be seaming mine soon!

8:59 AM  
Blogger craftoholic said...

Looks great! There's nothing wrong combining knitting with sewing...it's not cheating, it's being truly creative!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home