Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The sweater that knit itself

Look no further people, cuz I kidnapped the knitting fairy. After fiddling around with the Barf Opal without success, I rolled it up and threw it to the side so it can evaluate what it had done wrong. Then it suddenly occurred to me :"When was the last time I showed a finished knitting sweater on this blog?" Too damn long ago that's when! Armed with my Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece and the whacked out Rebecca pattern, I summoned the knitting fairy and told her that she needs to sprinkle some magic dust in this household. Voila! This baby started knitting itself last friday night and magically finished in 5 days. 5 days people! That's a piece a day. Holy cow, they don't call her the knitting fairy for nuthin'. So that's a little preview before the seaming party this weekend. Hm, need to summon the seaming fairy too. Heck, I even got some buttons. So which one do you think will work better? Yea I know this indoor lighting is crap for true colors.. but you get the idea. (The sizes are about the same.. just so you know)

Now some of you may wonder: "It's already Fall. What the hell is she doing with a summer sweater? She must be on crack!". That's right my friends. Come on, we're in L.A - Land of Hollywood and Fake Everything. It's all about the looks here. Fashion ladies, not function. My titties may be freezing, but I'll look hot! (okay.. you may all boo now. I totally deserve that).

19 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is gorgeous and I can't believe you knit it in 5 days! I love the Pearly Plain Jane buttons as the sweater itself is so beautiful. I can't wait to see it all put together.

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Send those knitting fairies to my house please! That was amazingly fast! I vote for plain jane buttons, because the focus should definitely be on the knitting fairy's fine work :-)

6:48 AM  
Blogger kris said...

five days!?! that's it, i'm not talking to you any more!

7:11 AM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

No wonder you've been stalking my blog re: this sweater! haha! You put me to shame. Did you ever stop to eat or pee? I have to agree that the pearly buttons will look best. I can't wait to see your finished sweater... and I can't wait to see mine, either. :)

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree that the Pearly Plain Jane buttons wouldn't try to steal the show as much as the Rose buttons. The sweater speaks for itself :)

7:47 AM  
Blogger marirob said...

Wow! You are a fast knitter! The sweater looks great and I am leaning towards the pearly plain jane buttons. But I like the rosies too! I'm sure you'll love your sweater as much as I love mine.

8:26 AM  
Blogger craftoholic said...

5 days?? Wow. I'd go for Pearly Plain Jane. Better contrast and gives it a nice vintage vibe. Roses are cute but too similar in color.

9:00 AM  
Blogger =joy= said...

wow, someone was FOCUSED! great work, hun. i personally like the pearly plain buttons. ^_^

9:12 AM  
Blogger K8 said...

How do you knit so quickly? It looks great, I like the pearly white buttons, but they'd both be great :)

9:18 AM  
Blogger Toni said...

So this is where the knitting fairy went! Love that Cotton Fleece. My vote is for the pearly buttons; they'd be subtle but not too. Now hurry up so the rest of us have access to the fairy :)

9:52 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

so thats where this biatch fairy has been hiding! to think of what she could do in my house for five days!

The pieces look great and I vote for the plain jane buttons, though who knows this fairy may have her own plans

10:00 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

I also vote for the pearly whites. And am currently envious of your knitting fairy. What rebecca pattern is that?

11:10 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

ooh...!!! booooooo!!!! sooooo jealous! but also very impressed! that's on my list of things to do, so i know exactly who to ask for help since i hear that pattern is a bit hard to read. hehe...
wonderful job! i can't wait to see it all sewn up.

11:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I happened to chance upon your blog and hope you don't mind me leaving a comment. You knit so fast. I am knitting AJ too but I am only just done with the back panel. I vote Contender #1 as well!

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so impressive! Five days! I vote for the top, plain jane buttons.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my first thought was the pearly plain jane, but now i'm liking more the rosie-over-the-top. they'll add total feminine flair, very sassy. ;)

and wow, fast knitting there!

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pearly plain jane, please! I wish my fairies would come out from hiding. I've got lots of things to knit!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Gorgeous sweater! Don't hog the seaming fairy. I desperately need her.

The pearly buttons get my vote. The rosie buttons on a pink sweater might get lost in the pinkness.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home