Thursday, September 15, 2005

SYNO progress + Sock

This is what I have on the Backyard Leaves for Anna so far. I'm knitting both halves at once, so I can avoid the 2nd half syndrome. Merino Style is wonderfully soft for this scarf, and I'm knitting the scarf on Sz 5 needles as opposed to the sz 7'z mentioned in the pattern. Then again, the pattern called for a heavy worsted weight yarn while I'm knitting with a DK weight. I hope to get this done soon and send it off so Anna won't be cold and scarf-less in Canada. I hear Ottawa is an icebox in the winter. Just to prove to y'all that I do knit with colors other than pink, here's my progress on Stephanie's Spring Grass socks. I have some fingering weight 100% wool Japanese yarn in my stash and it wants to be these socks. I charted out the lace pattern in Excel so it's easier for me to follow and so far, knitting these have been a breeze. They want to be knee-length socks. Psst.. I forgot to mention that I used Purly White's tips on YO Short Row toes for these babies. Much much better than the wrap short rows. She posted an awesome demo and you should all check it out!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jillio said...

your spring grass socks are BEAUTIFUL!!!! *sigh* so many socks to make, so little time.
thanks for the feedback on handpaintedyarns, btw. :) i believe i'll be able to sleep a little easier for at least another week.

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the socks, love the scarf. The socks look particularly comfy!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What yarn did you use for those socks? It looks great!

11:31 AM  
Blogger sturdygirl said...

Pretty socks! But I am still drooling over your Clapotis. Where did you get the Uruguayan handpainted yarn? Cheers-

2:54 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Wow, you don't waste any time, hey? Great work on the scarf, I'm loving it! Things don't get too cold until December, but when it starts to get cold, it sure kicks in fast!

Love the socks as well. My .5 pair of socks is drooling with envy. ;)

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home