Thursday, September 15, 2005

Clapotis : Take 2

Pattern: Clapotis from Knitty
Materials: Handpainted Merino from Uruguay, 3.5 balls (supposedly 218 yds per skein. I still feel I was shorted), Sz 7 circular needles (Gotta love Denise Interchangeables)
Notes: Soft, warm and non-itchy. Forgot how many repeats I did on this one, just kept knitting until I felt it was the right length.
Update: Thank you all for your lovely compliments! I've received a few questions in regards to where I purchased my yarn. It's from an ebay seller under the name 100purewool. Just make sure you got more yarn than what you THINK you actually need. And while you're at it, if you have a yarn meter, please check whether or not they really come in 218 yd hanks. Don't want you to run into yarn shortage problems like I did.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger yahaira said...

I love it! Now Ill have to try it with the handpainted merino as well.

5:39 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:39 AM  
Blogger marirob said...

Beautfil! I think the colors are great. I made mine too big, but yours looks just right!

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! I got some of that handspun nonmerino from Uruguay and I was definitely shorted too.

6:48 AM  
Blogger shizzknits said...

What a pretty Clapotis. I will have to make another one for this winter after seeing yours.

9:48 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

The clap looks incredible!! I'm dying to start on mine. They always turn out so beautifully.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've been busy! it all looks good - and yeah, i agree with everyone else, the colors in your clapotis are really pretty ;)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Your Clapotis looks fab! I was thinking of doing one myself using the Handpainted yarn merino boutone. Is that where you got your yarn?

1:08 PM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

That is a beautiful colorway for Clapotis! Enjoy your soft, yummy scarf. :)

6:54 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Gorgeous clapotis!! The colorway is just stunning.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I also used 3.5 hanks of the same yarn. I have more here...I should measure it.
beautiful clappy!

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home