Friday, September 16, 2005

Runway =/= Realway

spring grass knee high
Just a few pictures before I bind off. Some wonkiness in the increases.. will improve later on. Now, girls, what the hell do I wear these with? I am definitely not a mini-skirt kind of gal.
Update: Every year, when fall rolls around, all fashion magazines start featuring knee highs and stockings in bazillion colors featuring shots of models in their high heels. Sure it looks interesting on the pages, but let me tell ya girls.. runway doesn't equate to real way. Come on, how would you wear this out on the streets? (feel free to ignore my rolled up jammies. Yea and that indoor apt lighting..ignore that one too)
Runway?
P.S. Each sock requires less than 180yds for a 60 sts foot and ankle, 64-68 sts calf, then back to 60sts just below the knee.

12 Comments:

Blogger shizzknits said...

Very pretty knee-highs! They almost make me want to start wearing knee-highs again (after 12+ yrs of Catholic school, I'm knee-high'ed out).

And I don't see any cankles?!? :>

8:32 PM  
Blogger marirob said...

Beau-ti-ful! Really wonderful socks. And great photos too!!

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's hot!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

i LOVE your shoes! great job on the socks! i'll be making those...eventually :/

10:47 AM  
Blogger Anna said...

Winnie, you're a genius knitter. Genius, I tell you, GENIUS!

8:08 AM  
Blogger craftoholic said...

Damn! They look fantastic. You definitely should wear them out, with a cute skirt, if not a mini then one just hitting the knee.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looooove the socks. They could carry any fall fashion mag spread. How about with a knee-length skirt, or even with heels+pants, so part of the socks could still be seen.

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so loving the socks!! About how many yards did it take you for one leg?? I am casting on right now!!

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are adorable! They look perfect in gray!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Alexa said...

So 'effin cute.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

L.O.V.E. the socks. I think I have to make some. Of course, I love the shoes too. I think I have to buy some. :)

5:47 AM  
Blogger kris said...

you've been busy while i was away! gorgeous kneesock! damn, i want some too!

1:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home