Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Spare me a few yards?

For starters, if you don't know this already, Diana finished her Raspy. I have one word for it - perfection. That gave me the motivation to pick it up and start knitting again. When I ordered yarn for this sweater initially, I just looked at the yarn requirements for a size small sweater and it said 12 balls. So I bought 13 - you know, just in case. The yarn arrived and I took a closer look at the finished schematic size and noticed that the finished sleeve length before the raglan decreases was 17.5". 17.5"? Oh SHIT -- that's like, 3/4 length for my long ass arms!!! So I hurried through the back piece to check how many balls it would require, and plowed through the first sleeve (lengthened, of course) like a mad woman. I recalculated and figured out that 13 balls of yarn would cover the knitting - SANS seaming. What??? Then I checked Elann, and for 1 ball of Den-m-Nit in Dark Indigo, plus shipping, totals approx 10 bucks. 10 bucks for a freaking ball of yarn to seam - when all I need is a few yards? I think my heart just sank.

So here's the plea - does anyone have left-over Den-m-nit in Dark Indigo from their previous projects that they would be able to part with? I just need a few yards. Just a few measly yards. Please?

I'm going to be MIA for a while. Conference coming up in two weeks and I am running around like a headless chicken. Stress and I are like best chums right about now. And that last few yards to seam Raspy makes me want to punch myself in the face. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

With that, I leave you with a plea and a partially finished pair of socks. Try not to look so hard at my tan line.

Edit: And thank you all so so much for the comments on Lace Leaf Pullover. Trust me, the kitchenering is not perfect. My camera just decided to compliment me once for a change. I would write individual emails to thank you all personally, but Blogger is being a bitch and displays 90% of commenters' emails as "anonymous". I will not be pegged a thankless bitch for Blogger's f**k-ups... just so you know.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I have extra mid-indigo leftover.. the slightly lighter color, maybe that would work for seaming?? I have a feeling you will have *just enough* yarn, but I'd totally send you my extras if you want!

6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

don't worry about sending the emails out! i completely understand, i don't even have time to start a blog! keep inspiring us with your cool projects, you make everything look so effortless! i appreciate it when you show us your f.o's that don't quite come out as well, like the wedding shrug for your friend, that actually came out beautiful!

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh dear! I hope you find some yarn. I think the mid-indigo from Diana would work fine if you can't find the dark one.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

Ok, I know it's a different brand of yarn but I have Rowan Denim in nashville which looks like it's the same as your Den-m-nit in Dark Indigo. I hope you will have enough yarn to seam, if not, let me know if my rowan denim would be of any help. ^_^

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Raspy is looking great! I agree with the others...if you're doing matress stitch, Diana's lighter color will work fine. You shouldn't even be able to see it!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the color of the socks! Such a peppy colored yarn for socks......it might give you a case of happy feet.

8:06 AM  
Blogger Ashbloem said...

I love your new layout.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home