Saturday, October 01, 2005

Apricot Jacket

Pattern: #25 Jacke in Apricot, Rebecca #27 (size 34"/36" bust)
Materials: Sz 6 needles, Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece Pinka-Boo (3.5 skeins), Plain Jane Buttons (6)
Mods: Lengthened the sleeves by 5cm to account for my really long arms.
Notes: This is one fitted sweater, not snug-I-can't breathe, but fitted. I've used Brown Sheep's cotton fine yarn before, and after each wear the sweater just gets looser and looser. I'm hoping it's the same case with their Cotton Fleece. I want it just a tinge roomier. This pattern is an easy knit - considering all others who have gone before me have already figured out the kinks and Rebecca's coo-coo translations. Since this baby knits up so quickly, I'm contemplating knitting another one for Fall in wool. Then again, we'll have to see about that. The first time when I cro-shayed the front bands, I looped the yarn abit too tightly and had to rip it out. Good thing that slip stitch and chain stitch didn't take that long to do (wow.. I'm speaking crochet). Actually, dare I say it, it was quite enjoyable. Finishing a sweater reminded me what a bitch the seaming process is. The fit-in sleeves, the mattress stitch... the markings.. the pinning.. No wonder it's been that long since I made a sweater.

.... aside.....So, you know how your body kinda swells up and you feel like a beluga right before that specific time every month? That's how I felt the entire time I was trying to take a decent shot. And that poor indoor lighting doesn't help crap, but I was too eager to post the FO that I just forged ahead. So there you go, the infamous Jacke Apricot.. or as I like to call it in this picture...The Stuffed Sausage Jacket.

Labels:

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winnie, you're crazy. You do not look like a stuffed sausage in that sweater (althought I know how you feel right now, too)! It looks great! I should get started on mine.. one day.

7:27 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

aww it came out great

knit some other things and if you are still thinking about it, then make the apricot again. I like to take breaks between patterns.

7:27 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sweater is gorgeous and you certainly do not look like a stuffed sausage. Congratulations on the finish!

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks amazing, winnie! i totally want to make one of these myself soon soon. i don't see any stuffed-sausage-ness going on either, btw.

9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

With all due respect, you are INSANE if you think you look anything but stunning in that beautiful jacket!! It's gorgeous - lovely - just beautiful!! Great job!

9:54 AM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

I really don't know what you're talking about. That sweater fits you PERFECTLY. It looks slimming and fitted and just about perfect in every way. Well done!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Toni said...

Fantastic--very flattering!

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stuffed sausage - yeah right. great jacket! the cotton fleece does stretch a bit after wear. and damn. you do have long arms.

9:55 AM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

Looks great! love it on you.

8:23 AM  
Blogger craftoholic said...

It looks fabulous! I saw another blogger making one out of wool and it looked great.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater looks great and so do you. Good job!!!

10:56 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

you are crazy. i love your jacket. absolutely wonderful job on it! it is beautiful. send the stuffed sausage jacket fairy over to my house, will you? thanks! :)

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn that was fast! This looks fabulous and I bet it will expand.

1:25 PM  
Blogger Moni said...

Oooh! I like it! turned out very well. I'm hoping mine stretches just slightly, too. I'm washing it right now and I will block with my fingers crossed :)

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kudos Winnie!!
I have to say the hank looks great as is on yer neck!!!
LOVE the new sweater! It looks fabulous on you, but then again everything does! And those grey knee hi socks! Hubba Hubba! Adore them with those mary janes~ BEAUTIFUL JOB!

6:59 AM  
Blogger lucia said...

Stuffed sausage? Gosh that sweater looks great. I can't wait to finish the raglan I'm making for Jim so I can start something for me!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winnie! This is beautiful! I need to know something: what was your gauge? I ask becasue I am about to embark on this pattern too and I want to use a finer weight yarn (cashmerino aran) and it gives me 4.5 stitches instead of 4 and I am worried that just knitting the large size is not going to compensate for the difference...

7:20 PM  
Blogger sarah said...

I don't see any bloating! It looks fab!

10:42 AM  
Blogger )en said...

Man, this stuff is cool. I want to buy it! :)

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home