Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Back to Knitting

Ever looked at a pattern and thought to yourself, :"I must have that." I'm sure you all have. That's me - for the Renaissance Tunic designed by Teva Durham. I started this project late sunday evening, and so far I have this. Hopefully by the time I'm through with it, it will look like this.I wavered between knitting the Renaissance Tunic and Demi from Vintage Style for a while, and in the end decided that it was time. See, I bought the yarn for this about 6 months ago and have always thought this project would be something that I would "aspire to do" when I'm good enough. Ah, fug it. Itchy fingers have a different plan.
This pattern is knit from the bottom up in the round, and the picture you see above is right where I should be dividing for the front and back now. I got the easy part out of the way, and should be heading towards short row shaping for the bust and god knows where else. Just don't expect the usual crazy knitting speed from me on this one - I predict it's gonna take a while...

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I've had my eye on that Tunic for the LOOOONGest time. Here you are test knitting it for me ;) I can't wait to see how yours comes out. What yarn did you get for it?

7:08 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

where is this pattern from? Cant wait to see how it works up.

7:10 AM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

Oh, it looks wonderful already!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Heather said...

Heh, I was thinking almost the exact same thing as angela ;) I've been looking at that pattern for sooooo long, but wasn't 100% on it. I'm not sure how it would look on a curvier girl like me. Anyway, I can't wait to see how it turns out :)

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a lotta cables. Love the pattern, though, this will be fun to see turn out.

7:46 AM  
Blogger sturdygirl said...

Very cool! I am curious where this pattern is from too. Your progress shot looks great!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Moni said...

oh my gosh! you have the most awesome taste in knitting projects! I *love* that pattern! good for you for tackling something challenging!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

great project! the cables look like chain links...what does the front look like? i definitely think you're "good enough" to tackle anything. listen to the itchy fingers :)

9:26 AM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

I'm proud of you for tackling a dream pattern that is a bit complicated... I'm very confident that you have the skills!

5:30 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Such a beautiful pattern! It looks like you've already made some great progress on it, too. Gorgeous work!

1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whatever! You'll be done with this soon cause you are super fast! It looks so good so far!

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful! i love loooove cables. that is going to be a beautiful knit ;)

12:29 AM  
Blogger lucia said...

That's absolutely gorgeous! I may need to knit that for my sister!

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOA... that's awesome.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home