Saturday, November 05, 2005

Well hello..

It's good to be back home! I spent the last week at a conference and I finally made it back to LA last night. Not much knitting going on recently, except that I finished a pair of really really bright knee-highs.Materials: Regia 4-ply Jubilee Color 5473 (100g, 75% wool, 25% polyamide), Sz 0 + 1
Pattern: Figure 8 CO, 60 sts in Sz 0 all the way up to just before calves, then Sz 1 needles for another 6 inches, and finished off with 2" of 1 by 1 ribbing with sewn cast off
Notes: Not much.. except that it's done with k4p1 and I used up every last bit of yarn. I like knitting socks with Sz 0's to produce a firm fabric and I think this Regia yarn has been the best sock yarn (in terms of softness) that I've worked with so far. The colors are abit crazy, but I'm sure no one will notice them under my jeans. It's great to have a pair of cheerful handknit socks for this winter.

Now that I got these out of the way, I have some time to decide on my next project. I'm leaning towards the Renaissance Tunic by Teva Durham, and even obtained gauge for the pattern. But Demi is calling out to me too, so I'm having a little trouble deciding which project to dive into. I have Jaeger
Shetland Aran in burgundy for Demi, but I haven't swatched yet so we'll see. I'm still trying to catch up with the blog-reading (boy you gals are chatty) and am looking forward to spending the weekend relaxing in my pj's and sleeping in. Seems like you all have been busy knitting while I was away.. good thing too, because I need some serious inspiration to get my knitting mojo back in gear. For those who have emailed me while I was gone, sorry I haven't replied. I'm still sorting through the messages but I'll get back to you eventually.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

The socks look great! How fun to have cheery handknit knee socks! Those are on my list now...

5:33 AM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

Those are some fantastic socks!

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun socks! Who knows when my knee highs will be done!

10:07 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

Welcome back, you were missed!

The socks look great, I found that I like wearing crazy socks under my jeans. It's a little secret you don't have to share.

6:41 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Beautiful socks!! Such fun colors.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home