Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Houston, we have a thumb

Oh my lord, I think I got it! 4 more fingers to go....... on the first glove..let's not even mention the possibility of a second glove syndrome here.
Yea I know that cuff is curling like crazy.. maybe I'm not doing my Double- Start CO right.. but this color-knitting business sure is addictive...
Update: So it seems that I managed to get another knitter to hop in the herringbone wagon with me. From the comments that I've received, it seemed like some of you are interested, but a little put off by the Japanese. I'm just tossing this out now... and it may or may not happen depending on the level of interest.. but would you gals like a mini-KAL for this?

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my f***** goth, the subject of this weblog is funtastic!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

Oooh, that looks so good! I might want to knit one pair for myself as well.

5:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

NICE! Fair isle and fingers all in one. You are a heroine.

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, it looks beautiful so far! ;)

9:10 AM  
Blogger Moni said...

Wow! Love it! I need to knit some gloves myself..it's getting cold!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Jillio said...

holy schnikies, woman! that's incredible! colorwork, huh? i guess i'll have to extend that operational definition beyond "self-striping," "hand-painted," or "kool-aid dyed."

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You knit so fast! Congratulations on your thumb, these are going to be great.

6:27 PM  
Blogger caitlyn said...

WOW!! I am *so* impressed!! The glove awesome!!

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These gloves are so lovely! Although I'm with you on the fingers. I'm trying gloves using the Nona top down method and I've only got two fingers left, but they are KILLING me.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd do a mini knitalong with you, but yes, I'm totally put off by the Japanese...I'm very much used to word knitting rather than chart knitting. Someone managed to get a translation of this, I think, but now I can't find it...Your glove looks gorgeous!

7:07 AM  
Blogger sturdygirl said...

I am so impressed. Your gloves are so fancy and I'll bet the stranding will make them warmer. Very nice!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Sharah said...

i just stumbled across this... and wow what a beautiful glove!! I would love to participate in a KAL!!!

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home