Thursday, March 30, 2006

Squeezing In

Well, March is almost over and I figured I might as well squeeze in an FO before the month ends. It's the deep argyle vest designed by Eunny, only this time in Rowanspun DK Eau de Nil and Snowball. Since you've seen the progress shots of the previous test piece that I knit, this time I'll just jump straight to the finished product.



Pattern: Deep V Argyle Vest (34" size) by Eunny
Materials: Sz 4 needles, Rowanspun DK 2 hanks plus a smidge of Eau de Nil, and 1.5 of Snowball
Notes: Truth be told, my row gauge was a bit off and I didn't come to realize that until I started knitting the V neck. Thankfully I had enough time to recalculate the armhole decreases or else I'd be wearing a floppy/terribly long vest now. Although my st gauge was tighter than Eunny's, I figured the yarn should expand a little when I block it and then I'd be ok. And I was right. It fits me nicely and I think this will be my outfit tomorrow. Yarnwise, Rowanspun DK definitely was thick'n'thin in some places but the resulting fabric bloomed after the rinse and it has a semi-felted feel to it. It does snap easily if you tug a little harder than usual, but I didn't experience any yarn breakage while knitting. I don't see spring-time coming to LA anytime soon and so I may get a few wears out of this yet.
Oh yea, some of the pictures came out a bit fuzzy. Uh, yea. Maybe I should lay off the caffeine. Other than the vest I really haven't been knitting that much recently. Busy with dissertation, and also a bit uninspired. That doesn't mean I haven't been keeping up with you all fabulous knitters' works. Maybe it's the blasted weather in L.A., but I need my 70 degree weather NOW ALREADY. Hmph.

Labels:

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there you are! nice to have you back! the vest is gorgeous, winnie.

4:21 AM  
Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

Your vest looks great!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

A great FO. I am being lured by this pattern so badly!

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is gorgeous! It makes me want it--and I am so not a vest person... You look so great in it :) I hope that you are able to find something to inspire you soon.

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful vest, winnie ~ and i love that it only takes a handful of skeins, excellent.

hoping for springtime as well ;)

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another beautiful vest you have there, Winnie!! Congratulations!

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i knew you'd have something beautiful to unveil! you did a great job + it fits you so well, i like the colors too!

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great Winnie! I so wish I had enough DK weight yarn to start that arlready!

9:34 AM  
Blogger craftoholic said...

Ohhh, ahhhh! So pretty. I love the colors, it fits you so nicely too. I still haven't found the right yarn for mine, I might just end up with some wool cotton and a sewing machine.

9:39 AM  
Blogger eejayya said...

Lovely.. another great triumph argyle vest!!!

With this gloomy LA weather I'm sure you can wear this vest till May!

ps..
My Hemp ponchetta is from 'Knitting for hemp' and you can find pattern at kpixie.com

9:57 AM  
Blogger Knitty Gritty Thoughts said...

The vest is just so beautiful and well knit! Very lovely, and I love the outfit you put together to wear it!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

I think the vest is beautiful. Its always nice to see well knit pieces that are also stylish. I was just travling through the blog world and I just had to comment on your work, its very nice.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

C'est magnifique!

And it'll be 105 here before you know it :)

11:06 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

the vest looks so cute on you! a little more breathing room than the last huh!?

weather isn't much better here in nyc! we did finally have a warm day today, but it won't last!

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job! It knit up beautifully, wear with confidence!

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! All your knits come out perfectly

7:38 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

it looks wonderful! great colors, and very sharp over the oxford.

11:12 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

Very cute, very sexy, totally suit you!

2:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! This vest is absolutly beautiful! You did such a great job. And I LOVE the colors you picked!

8:16 AM  
Blogger sarah said...

Rockin! Way better than the too tight practice version :) I really like the colors you chose as well!

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home