Saturday, February 18, 2006

Yarny goodness

A few of you have asked me what yarn I'm using for the real vest that I'll be knitting for myself, and I finally made a choice- Rowanspun DK. Now I've heard mixed reviews for this yarn, but I'm strangely drawn to the tweediness. Terhi loves this yarn, and waxes poetic about it.... so why not? In the end, I went with Eau de Nil - the blue green, and Snowflake - creamy white. In other news, I won a contest! Ann of Fidget held a contest to guess the most popular color and yardage of her stash and I guess I lucked out. She sent me two skeins of Koigu KPPPM (p219) and I've been fondling it ever since. What will I do with them? Pomatomus, of course. Thanks, Ann!

Labels:

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Those are some yummy colors!

5:12 PM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Oooh. Both the Rowan and the Koigu are just yummy. Enjoy!

10:39 PM  
Blogger Terhi said...

Wow, your vest is going to look stunning, I love the colours! You looked great in your swatch too, so I can't wait to see the real thing. :-D I really hope that you'll like the yarn.

12:41 AM  
Blogger marirob said...

I just got some Rowanspun DK too for my vest - mouse and sugar almond, very close colors to your original vest! I can't wait to start.

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo, I love the Rowanspun. I think it is a fine choice! And such pretty colors.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Rowanspun looks like rows of softness. How great to open your mail and receive some nice Koigu. Wonderful!
Can't wait to see some FO's.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winnie winnie, where did you go?! We miss you winnie! :) Hope all is well!

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home