Monday, November 19, 2007

Acorns and Squirrels

Well, since my last appearance, it's been quite some time. Who knew "stay tuned!" meant over a month's absence? If I had held my breath I'd be purple by now. And no, I have not found the appropriate buttons. Again, who knew buying buttons would be such a pain in the butt? The search goes on. But that doesn't mean that knitting has halted. Oh siree no. I've since completed a pair of mittens for a shivering friend in DC, and am currently churning out a cardigan.

Presenting.... the mittens that I had a really hard time giving away..

Project: Squirrelly Swedish Mittens by Elli
Materials: Stash yarn (Rowan 5-ply soft - green, Knitpicks Palette - light blue, New England Shetland - white and brown, Henry's Attic Kona Superwash - more white), Sz 0 and 1 Addi's)

Modifications: Used sz 0 for the cuff, added the braids, and knit the rest without modification using sz 1 circular needles.
Pretty huh? I know. I want a pair too. But the recipient has reported back saying how much he likes them and that the mittens have already accompanied him on his recent Sunday trip to Whole Foods grocers.

Oh.. that's just me guarding my mittens in the apartment complex yard.


And this is me new love. I chose a wool yarn that may or may not be appropriate for it. But I am forging on. We'll see what happens. I am hoping blocking will work miracles, but we all know how wishful thinking gets us every single time (photo courtesy of Phildar Tendences 468, Cardigan #18).

Happy Turkey (or Tofurkey) week y'all.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

what cute mittens! at least they went to a home where they will be well loved... :)

5:06 AM  
Blogger Team Knit said...

Love those mittens! I'd have a tough time giving up mittens with squirrels on them, too..... - Julie

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome mittens! I would have totally kept them.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Nadia said...

Ah! Scary mitten-guarding lady!

They look good, though, so I can understand why you might have to impale mitten-greedy passerbys.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What cute mittens - I love the little braid that you added!

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those mittens are beautiful!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Agata said...

Good luck with the cardigan! It won't be the first time a knitter willed something into shaping correctly in the end. Are those buttons knitted/knit-covered?

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mittens are adorable. Just beautiful.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home