Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Komi Hat

The right side...

The inside...

Pattern:

Komi Hat by Charlene Schurch

Materials:

Harrisville New England Shetland (loden blue, cream white and cocoa brown), Sz 0 and 1 needles

Notes:

This is my second Komi hat. The first one walked out of my apartment with a friend who was supposed to take an action shot of the hat on her snowboarding trip to Mammoth. Days turned into months, and now that summer is finally giving way to autumn, what better way than to knit an improved version. My first Komi was a little too long and too loose, so I cast on 180 sts using Sz 0 needles and skipped the increases for the adult hat. When it came time to switch to the patterning, I just switched the needle size to Sz 1. The first round of pattern begins at the Child Size section for me. Eh voila! Much better fit.


I have finally cast on for Demi, and have finished both the front and back, and one sleeve. I love the texture, the bobbles (3-st bobble) and the color. Can't wait to finish this one.



Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

love the komi hat. i may attempt a pair of komi mitts this winter. i love the geometric design!

demi! demi! what yarn are you using? I love the cream color.

5:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Komi is gorgeous! Your floats are amazing, too. I really envy your tension control.

Demi looks fabulous, I love the color and the yarn looks really soft. Can't wait to see!

9:07 AM  
Blogger Marlena said...

Beautiful hat, inside and out!

Sorry if I missed it, but what yarn are you using for Demi? It looks fabulous!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Surly said...

Demi's looking great! You're moving so fast on it. Mine's going so slow.

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I get the pattern for the komi cap?

9:51 AM  
Blogger winnie said...

The Komi pattern was from Charlene Schurch's book - Hats On.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

The inside of Komi is as gorgeous as the outside.

3:34 AM  
Blogger lomester said...

Gorgeous hat! wow you are super talented!

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home