Friday, February 02, 2007

Inching Forward

It's been, hm, over a year. While I haven't stopped knitting, it's safe to say that I've slowed down significantly. Why? Life. It gets in the way of knitting sometimes. One day I may eventually write about the things that have transpired, but suffice to say that for now, I'm getting the knitting mojo back again and that I hope to have more FO's for the year ahead.

This blog is meant to document the projects that I have made over the last year - pitifully few, but nonetheless let's get to it. (Let's face it, it's more for me now anyways. I probably lost all my readers a long long time ago).

Ah yes, the Pomatomus socks. I knew from the get-go that the perfect st count for socks for my feet would be way less than the 72 sts that the pattern states to CO. So modifications galore and voila. Perfect fit.
Needles used: Sz 1 addi's (2.5mm), magic loop, 60 sts leg to 64 sts foot
Materials: Koigu KPPPM (p219), 2 skeins
Next, the ball-band dish cloth that everyone and their mothers have made. I've made a few, and this is just one of many. I think we have seen enough of them around the blogland to get into the details.

And last, my Swiss Cheese Scarf. Appropriate name, non? This is probably the easiest scarf that one can make and I chose to knit from stash. I wanted a light and airy scarf that has enough texture to stand out, yet be simple enough that I can just sit down and knit without having to worry about patterns. Light and airy? Check. I will use laceweight merino. Simple? Check. Nothing complicating about binding off certain number of stitches and casting back on. Results? Mighty long to make, but mighty pleased.

Materials: School Products Lace-weight Merino. Color 7. Gifted by Joy.
Needles: Sz 3.

And there you have it. I'm in the process of knitting a Komi Hat right now too.. so expect an FO soon. The next time I blog won't be a year from now, that's for sure.

And oh, happy new year. It's been so long.

Labels: , ,

27 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back!!

I love the color of your pomo socks and the scarf is way cute!w

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winniiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I want your swiss cheese scarf! I missed you! Welcome back, my dear!

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You still have readers--that's what Bloglines is for! I couldn't bear to take you off my feeds list because your projects are so beautiful and inspirational.

I love the Pomo socks (I might e-mail for help in down-sizing it), but my favorite is the scarf.

I'm glad you're back! (This is my first comment on your blog.)

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!!!!!!!

9:11 PM  
Blogger maitai said...

i'm still reading, too!

9:47 PM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Dahling! We've missed you terribly. I kept wondering where you were.

I've seriously just been wondering what the hell I'm going to do with these two skeins of koigu I bought. Maybe I need to attempt toe-up Potomatoamushadou socks to make sure I don't run out?

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back. Great scarf.

12:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have so NOT lost your readers! welcome back gorgeous Winnie!! yay.

to be honest i haven't even read your post properly...i was too excited to see that you'd returned!

2:23 AM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

Well, clearly you have not lost all your readers. I'll always be interested in what you are knitting, and I'm glad that life has settled down enough for you to share with us a but.

Welcome back, Winne.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Glad your back! I definitely kept you on Bloglines this whole time hoping you would someday return:)

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Cute knits!

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! love what the koigu turned into. Happy new year!f

7:50 AM  
Blogger Emily said...

I kept you bookmarked (I don't use bloglines) as I seem to like the same projects as you and I also like the modifications you make, so reason enough to stay around. Though I found your website only shortly before you took your time off. Well patience does have it's virtue! :D

Greets from Belgium!

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaaww, Welcome Back! I'm so happy you are back, I've missed you!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Moni said...

It was so good to see that you posted! I've kept you subscribed in bloglines all this time :). Welcome back!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Bobby G said...

The Swiss Cheese Scarf looks amazing! I can't wait to see the Komi hat and all the new FO. Welcome back!

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must have subscribed just as you stopped blogging, so I was very surprised to see you in my Bloglines! Welcome back!

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

there you are! woo hoo!

1:59 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

We are still here. Welcome back!

8:01 AM  
Blogger j.sun said...

boh swiss cheese!

9:43 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

good to have you back!!! :)

10:07 AM  
Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

Looks like we're all still here! Thanks for coming back!

10:37 AM  
Blogger mames said...

you are back! i made it a habit to check in here regularly to see if there was an update, any scrap of info. i am so glad for the new post. hope all is well and i am looking forward to more of your perfectly executed fo's in the future. happy new year!

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I kept you on my Bloglines in the hope you'd start posting again. Love your Swiss Cheese scarf.

4:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you've lost any readers, but I've just discovered your blog, so now you can add me to your reader list. You knit beautifully!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

welcome back!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore your swiss cheese scarf! Amazing. Did you make up the pattern on your own? Can you advice me on how to get my own swiss cheese scarf? The coolest thing I've seen!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home