Saturday, April 21, 2007

Sock Love

A few months ago, news broke about the new Addi Turbo lace knitting needles, you know, the ones with the really sharp tips. My friend Bobby G and I (more like I dragged Bobby G) went to the LYS to gets me a pair of them sharp sharp needles. So, new needle in hand, but nothing to cast on.

Enter sock yarn section.

"Bobby G, would you like a pair of handknit socks?" said I.

Bobby G: "My feet are too wide to knit socks for."

Winnie S: "Oh yes but that is the wonder of handknit socks. You knit to fit."

Ta da! Bobby G, for the first time in his life, has a pair of socks that does not cut off his blood circulation. He is pleased.

And we took the opportunity to showcase our lovely feet together on this fine Saturday afternoon.

Project Specs: Bobby G's Wide Manly Socks
Materials: Sz 1 Addi Turbo Lace needles, Meilenweit Colortweed #1008 (80% virign wool, 20% polyamide)
Sizing: Sz 9 foot, 64 sts.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger marirob said...

How nice of you to make socks for your friend! I think once people have handmade socks, it's hard to go back to regular socks. :)

8:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, that's a cute picture. Sock friends.

9:03 AM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Good story! It's nice to see you posting again... I hope Bobby G loves those perfect fitting socks. :)

10:04 AM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

yay! the joy of handknit socks knows no bounds. :)

3:43 PM  
Blogger =joy= said...

ooh i love the yarn, and what a great gift! i must get me a pair of those needles. *hugs* from hawaii!

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the socks. What pattern did you use? My DH has big feet and I would love to make him a pair.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home